I LOVE, love, lurrrrveee the half moon Ferm Living wallpaper we used on a section in Axel’s room!
I think it really adds a wow factor and pulls everything together. I love how it sneaks around the corner so that you get a peak of what awaits you from the hallway. Clashing prints in the same accent colour allows for cohesion but a sense of fun – what a boys room should be!
I ordered the wallpaper through the Paper Room – they have an amazing range and provide great advice on what products to use to help ensure you get a perfect result.
It was a little tricky to hang due to wonky walls (the joys of living in Earthquake prone Christchurch in a 1930’s bungalow) and my idea to bring it round the corner, but my Dad and brother did a fab job and probably saved my marriage haha! I have slowly been piecing together my ideas for this space.
You can see that I have ticked off the rug from my wish list on this previous post and swapped out the orange curtains for some neutral ones that Mum had in their place and was replacing. I love it when I find cool boy things to add character and a little design to the room – there are so many girly things out there or things that are brightly coloured which don’t really fit with the style of the room so you can imagine my delight when I found this super cool bat hanger online – cheap, cheerful and monochrome!
See below the photos for links to products I have used so far – mind you the Mocka chair is about to be replaced next week (Axel turns one on Wednesday! Where did that year go?!) by something much more whimsical and a whole lot safer; our crazy child scales the chair, props his feet on the heater then boosts onto the windowsill! Not so safe anymore!
Chair – Mocka (similar here)
Rug – Letliv
Moroccan Pouf – Letliv
Animal Artwork – Bird in a Bunny Suit
Wild Thing Cushion – Society Six
Alphabet Cards – Tanya Wolfkamp
I’m excited about this week are: 1. The Ferm Living wallpaper we ordered for a section of Axel’s room is due to arrive this week from PaperRoom. Can’t wait to get it up and show you guys. Here is a pic of it via Ferm Living to give you an idea…
2. I love Pamela Drukerman’s French Children Don’t Throw Food and my copy of French Parents Don’t Give In arrived on Friday – my highlighter is itching to be swiped across the simple pearls of parenting wisdom.
3. On Friday it is Waitangi Day (a public holiday each year in NZ that celebrates the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, New Zealand’s founding document) and we are heading to Christchurch’s first ever EDM festival Electric Avenue. Can’t wait to get my dancing shoes on (although they could be my Wellington Boots if the weather forecast is correct!) with a fab group of friends.
4. The school year starting up again this week means Axel’s swimming lessons start again. Our boy is a fish!!! We took him to a local school pool yesterday where another mum came up to me and asked me all about how we got Axel to become so confident in the water! He literally throws himself into the water at me at the conclusion of the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty! Love that kid x
I’m really digging wallpaper at the moment, especially when it is used in an unexpected place, taking you by surprise. I love the idea of opening up wardrobe doors to reveal a pop of bright colour and pattern, or a glamorous finish as the backdrop of a study nook. Hmmm, something to think about!
Happy weekend everyone x
images via my Pinterest Boards
Wallpaperdecor.com.au has the most amazing high end digital wallpapers and wallpaper murals. They are printed on durable non woven wallpaper using cutting edge digital technology. Their products are sourced internationally combining the latest interior trends with exceptional quality. They also specialise in high end traditional wallpapers.
If you are looking for something to add real punch to a room in your home then this is definitely the place to go for inspiration! I’m particularly impressed with the murals so have picked out some of my favourites, but if you head over to the site be sure to take your time, as there are some show stoppers in all sections.
Finally after 8 loooong weeks of waiting our new master bedroom dresser from Freedom furniture has arrived! We still need to put it together but when we do this is what it will look like (hopefully!)…
I am planning on moving our old dresser to one of the spare rooms but as it’s a little tired I’m thinking of getting a little crafty and repurposing it.
I could sand it back and repaint it…
a pop of color
Or I could use an amazing wallpaper….
So many options! What do you prefer?
Whatever I decide it will have to wait until I have finished the bar cart that is currently sitting in our garage waiting for a little DIY loving!
Images via my Pinterest Board.
Unique wallpaper designs are going from strength to strength! Bringing a little bit of eclectic whimsy to a room, a wallpaper can transport you somewhere completely magical. Check out these stunning designs that would add a fun, fantasy feel to a children’s bedroom, a den, or a living room…
Happy weekend everyone x
1. Osborne & Little, Penguin Library
2. Osborne & Little, Quentin’s Abc
3. Mr Perswall, Library – Colourful Knowledge
4. Mr Perswall, Whole Wide World
5. Mr Perswall, Jungle Dudes
6. Mr Perswall, Tree
7. Mr Perswall, Jungle Lounge