I’m excited about this week are: 1. The Ferm Living wallpaper we ordered for a section of Axel’s room is due to arrive this week from PaperRoom. Can’t wait to get it up and show you guys. Here is a pic of it via Ferm Living to give you an idea…
2. I love Pamela Drukerman’s French Children Don’t Throw Food and my copy of French Parents Don’t Give In arrived on Friday – my highlighter is itching to be swiped across the simple pearls of parenting wisdom.
3. On Friday it is Waitangi Day (a public holiday each year in NZ that celebrates the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, New Zealand’s founding document) and we are heading to Christchurch’s first ever EDM festival Electric Avenue. Can’t wait to get my dancing shoes on (although they could be my Wellington Boots if the weather forecast is correct!) with a fab group of friends.
4. The school year starting up again this week means Axel’s swimming lessons start again. Our boy is a fish!!! We took him to a local school pool yesterday where another mum came up to me and asked me all about how we got Axel to become so confident in the water! He literally throws himself into the water at me at the conclusion of the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty! Love that kid x
Had a fabulous weekend just gone as got to see my beautiful friend Sarah marry the man of her dreams, Matt, then spent Sunday recovering! It was hot and humid so we walked to feed the ducks and I whipped on my new shorts from River Island.
Things were getting desperate when I was hunting for something to wear to the wedding. I was going to get this Cameo dress but am glad I didn’t as another wedding guest was wearing it (although it did look fab so I might just have to invest!) instead I went for my faithful wedding attire brand Trelise Cooper, this beautiful dress was especially good buying as was on sale at Lynn Woods and discounted by 50%! (unfortunately sold out there now). Didn’t get many pics of my outfit at the wedding as I was having far too much fun catching up with friends and indulging in bubbles but you can get the idea. Wore my sparkly Jimmy Choo heels which were tried on by a variety of friends (men included) later in the evening!
On Sunday I was all about comfort and keeping cool. I ordered this skort (which I think definitely look like shorts though?!) from Asos a while back and it was perfect weather to give them their first run. They have since sold out, but the new season version is currently available from River Island here. I teamed them with a very old (but a favourite!) black singlet from cheap as chips Supre and my last season black sandals from Mimco. Similar singlet here and sandals here.
I’m rested and ready to roll! Super excited about what 2015 may hold for us… 2014 was obviously extra special as we welcomed Axel into our lives; he has brought a huge amount of energy and excitement into our wee world as well as reducing the amount of sleep and ‘us’ time we get! We also enjoyed two wonderful trips to Australia, resurrected the house after flooding damage and created countless memories with family and friends.
I haven’t made any resolutions this year as I don’t tend to stick to them! However I do have personal goals that I will be doing my best to carry out to help me grow as a person in a positive direction. Do you make New Year resolutions? Do you stick to them?!!
We (by ‘we’ I mean Eli mostly!) have been busy in the back garden area over the break laying new lawn, building a concrete planter box, and renovating the outdoor studio which will be used as a playroom. My Dad also kindly built Axel an awesome sandpit which I’m sure will be used endlessly over the years to come (it does have a cover but wasn’t as photogenic with a blue tarpaulin over it!). Still have lots of planting to do in the garden but we are getting there.
We are looking forward to enjoying our outdoor area next summer without the need for so much hard work!
Hope you have all enjoyed a relaxing, fun and productive festive season x
Here are a few pictures of the fruits of our labour…
Think I’ll be needing to have one of these on the go at some point this summer…
Happy weekend everyone (especially if you’re in Christchurch and enjoying a loooong weekend) x
via Wedding Chicks
I’m on the hunt for some boyfriend style distressed denim shorts for the summer. I’m not keen on anything that is too short, rather liking the oversized look instead. Here is a round up of the options I’ve found so far at varying price levels…
1. Black Orchid Boyfriend Short – Revolve
2. Blue Black Outlaws – One Teaspoon
3. Lee Relaxed Iggy Short – Surf Stitch
4. Rag and Bone Boyfriend Short – Superette
5. River Island Rip and Repair Denim Short – Asos
6. Cuff Denim Short – Sportsgirl
The off the shoulder look is one that has made a number of comebacks over the years and expect to see it in full force again this summer. Whether cropped, floral or lace, get in on the trend in the form of a top or dress, knowing that you will be perfectly attired for long, hot summer days and nights.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone x
images 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Get the look with these pieces:
1. Lydia Bright off the shoulder dress – ASOS sale alert!
2. Embroidered off the shoulder top – Free People sale alert!
3. Off the shoulder dress – Free People
4. Off the shoulder swing top – Seed Heritage
5. Kn geri crop top – Cotton On
6. Printed off the shoulder blouse – Glassons