I feel like I have been crazy busy lately which also means super slack when it comes to making time to blog. I also haven’t had the time to sit down and peruse some of my favourite blogs which is what started it all – finding inspiration from some super creative and fashionable talent around the world.
I ignored the painting of the skirting in the second bathroom over the weekend to actually sit down with a cup of tea (and some chocolate!) and catch up on some of my old and new favourite blogs.
Here are the links to some of my go to blogs for fashion and interior inspiration – definitely worth bookmarking!
1. Emily Henderson – interior designer/stylist extraordinaire, plus super cute mum and hilarious writer. Her posts are some of the most well planned, detailed and entertaining around. A total professional.
2. The Grace Tales – self proclaimed ‘for the stylish mother’ a great place to go for profiles on fashionable, working (celebrity) mums and fashion for mothers and their babes.
3. Not So Mumsy – gorgeous Sydney-sider Marcia Leone chronicles her favourite things and self- styled fashion shoots with super cute son Archie. Honest posts that will speak to many a mumma. (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
4. My Scandinavian Home – If you like Scandi style then this is the perfect place to go for interiors inspiration and beautiful styling.
5. Hello Fashion – Christine Andrew founded Hello Fashion in December 2011 as a way to showcase current trends in fresh, inspiring ways. Her looks are always stylish but also very achievable and often on much lower price point than many other of the fashion blogs I follow. She also has a super cute son (and husband!). (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
6. Leia Sfez – Parisian chic… need I say more?! (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
Happy reading and bookmarking everyone!
One of the latest hair trends that seems to be taking over my instagram feed is the half up top knot or bun. I tried it but didn’t think it did me any favours, so resorted to my regular top-knot for that never fail, bad hair day, rescue remedy. Although the ladies below are certainly looking super stylish so I might have to give it another crack!
Here are some pics for your Friday perusal – does it inspire you? Have you tried it? What do you think?!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone x
image via Look De Pernille
Pernille Teisbaek of Look De Pernille fame has me craving a black shirt after posting this classic look recently on her blog.
I went on a web hunt to find four options for this wardrobe staple, all under $50.
1. Paris Utility Shirt – Dotti
2. Tie Front Blouse – Glassons
3. Marley Draped Front Shirt – Cotton On
4. Jada Button Through Oversized Chiffon Shirt – Boohoo
Our home has a scandi inspired neutral colour palette and I like to build a style or theme in each room through layering pieces that I accumulate over time. I will hold off until I find exactly what I’m looking for, even if I’m not quite sure what it is until I see it!
Axel’s room is a reflection of this process. I’m glad we left his gender as a surprise as it has been so much fun creating his space as I get to know his personality – he is definitely adventurous (a.k.a a crazy crawling mad man who is into everything and must be followed at all times to avoid trips to A & E due to falls!).
I was looking around the other day at the bits and pieces I have added, or he has been gifted, since his arrival, and his copy of Where the Wild Things Are struck me as the perfect colour palette to continue to build into his room. The walls are a taupe / grey and we seem to have already added pops of black, white, silver, moody blue and soft green. See previous posts of Axel’s room here, here , here and here.
I have a number of things in mind for what I want to add to his room when the bank balance allows it! First things on my hit list are changing the orange curtains to fresh white ones, and then bringing in a black and white floor rug to anchor the space.
Here are some of the things on my wish list for Axel’s room, with the cover of Where The Wild Things Are as the inspiration…
1. Let Liv Cotton Striped Floor Rug
2. Blacklist Adventure Giant Wall Flag
3. Alphabet Monkey Ashkii Brave Teepee Cot Sheet
4. KM2 Creative Indigo Blue Felt Ball Garland
5. Kolor Berlin Toys and Stuff Storage Bags
6. Silke Bonde Fox and Hedgehog Posters
7. Ourlieu Jungle Kitty Cushion
8. Jamie Kay Soft Grey Cot Blanket
With the weather really starting to heat up, here are my top ten pieces for the month of October x
1. River Island Tassel Palm Print Kimono – kimonos are a great way to add a boho layer to your look
2. Country Road Moulded Shift Dress – can’t go past a black shift dress for summer
3. Witchery Mojave Wide Leg Pant – these look super comfortable and fresh
4. Glassons Button Front Cami – loving the camo colour
5. Cotton On Courtney Long Sleeve Button Through Blouse – Such great value for a wardrobe staple
6. Keepsake Stolen Hearts Dress – I’m loving the structure of this dress. Perfect for the races.
7. All About Eve Shades Shorts – easy print to style for summer
8. Top Shop Ballerina Tulle Midi Skirt – such a classic piece
9. Seed Heritage Sofia Leather Hair Espadrilles – these are soooooo comfortable (I have them in animal print)
10. Sam Edelman Eavan Studded Gladiator Sandals – studded sandals are always a winner in my book!
The Fashion Week train has rolled out of London and onto Europe. Here are some of my favourite London street style pics…
Spring has definitely sprung and I am looking forward to getting into shorter sleeves and lighter fabrics…
1. The Trucker Jacket – Glassons (perfect for that extra layer needed at this time of the year)
2. Hudson Mirar Ankle Boot – Workshop (sale alert!! Would look amazing with a summery, boho dress)
3. Ka Fines Ring – Superette (cute for wearing multiple, dainty rings)
4. Wildfox Couture Chloe Overall – Revolve (hark back to your younger days in a pair of overalls this spring)
5. Sia V-Neck Playsuit – Cotton On (an easy beach outfit)
6. Lacey Espadrille – Witchery (I’m loving the edition of the ankle strap)
7. Steel Fedora – ZipMeUp (how good is that colour)
8. Tempo Orchid Skirt – Zimmerman (this skirt has all the bells and whistles required for summer weddings)
9. River Island Scarf Print Shirt – Asos (lightweight fabric perfect for spring)
10. Linen Kick Back Blazer – Witchery (loving linen for warmer weather)