I have worn converse for years but have always worn white. I am thinking Winter might be a good time to branch out and try a different colour – forest green and navy blue are tickling my fancy at the moment but maybe I might be bold enough to try a shade of red!
Here are some pics that have me inspired via my Shoes Pinterest board…
Have a wonderful weekend everyone – we are off to Hanmer Springs with my family for the weekend. Im looking forward to lots of relaxation time, good food and wine, and lots of laughs!
Had a fabulous weekend just gone as got to see my beautiful friend Sarah marry the man of her dreams, Matt, then spent Sunday recovering! It was hot and humid so we walked to feed the ducks and I whipped on my new shorts from River Island.
Things were getting desperate when I was hunting for something to wear to the wedding. I was going to get this Cameo dress but am glad I didn’t as another wedding guest was wearing it (although it did look fab so I might just have to invest!) instead I went for my faithful wedding attire brand Trelise Cooper, this beautiful dress was especially good buying as was on sale at Lynn Woods and discounted by 50%! (unfortunately sold out there now). Didn’t get many pics of my outfit at the wedding as I was having far too much fun catching up with friends and indulging in bubbles but you can get the idea. Wore my sparkly Jimmy Choo heels which were tried on by a variety of friends (men included) later in the evening!
On Sunday I was all about comfort and keeping cool. I ordered this skort (which I think definitely look like shorts though?!) from Asos a while back and it was perfect weather to give them their first run. They have since sold out, but the new season version is currently available from River Island here. I teamed them with a very old (but a favourite!) black singlet from cheap as chips Supre and my last season black sandals from Mimco. Similar singlet here and sandals here.
The Fashion Week train has rolled out of London and onto Europe. Here are some of my favourite London street style pics…
Spring has definitely sprung and I am looking forward to getting into shorter sleeves and lighter fabrics…
1. The Trucker Jacket – Glassons (perfect for that extra layer needed at this time of the year)
2. Hudson Mirar Ankle Boot – Workshop (sale alert!! Would look amazing with a summery, boho dress)
3. Ka Fines Ring – Superette (cute for wearing multiple, dainty rings)
4. Wildfox Couture Chloe Overall – Revolve (hark back to your younger days in a pair of overalls this spring)
5. Sia V-Neck Playsuit – Cotton On (an easy beach outfit)
6. Lacey Espadrille – Witchery (I’m loving the edition of the ankle strap)
7. Steel Fedora – ZipMeUp (how good is that colour)
8. Tempo Orchid Skirt – Zimmerman (this skirt has all the bells and whistles required for summer weddings)
9. River Island Scarf Print Shirt – Asos (lightweight fabric perfect for spring)
10. Linen Kick Back Blazer – Witchery (loving linen for warmer weather)
My favourite pieces for August – oh how I wish my bank balance could keep up with my day dreaming!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone x
1. Darkness Lace Pencil Skirt – Dotti (team with a simple crop top or a striped long-sleeved tee to dress it down)
2. Francine Dress by Sam & Lavi – Revolve (with ankle boots and fedora; a bohemian style dress is high on my wish list )
3. One x One henley long sleeve – Cotton On (everyday basic)
4. Deluxe Sporty Jean – Cotton On (a great lightweight option for summer denim)
5. Boxy t.shirt dress with tail – Bassike (such a versatile shape – this is HIGH on my gotta get list)
6. I. Madeline Parrot-Print Fringe Kimono – Urban Outfitters (I’m loving a kimono with denim cut-offs)
7. Asos Jacket with Statement Floral Embroidery – Asos (how to make a simple outfit pop – currently on sale!)
8. Lace Shoulder Stripe Top – French Connection (lace and stripes – need I say more?!)
9. BCBGMAXAZRIA Polaris Heel in Parfait – Revolve (I’m in love with the colour and buckle of this sexy heel)
10. Cameo Broken Strings Dress – Fashion Bunker (great summer frock that could be worn to the beach, a party or dinner)
After some very kind words from my gorgeous friend Swenia, I am bringing back posts of the occasional outfit I put together on the weekend. I hope you enjoy catching a glimpse of my own personal style.
For my Sunday lunch look I have taken inspiration from the mood board I posted recently here. You can’t go wrong with stripes, denim and a little animal print. My faux vest was a bargain ($60!) from the discount website Onceit, if you aren’t already a member be sure to sign up and check in daily to see their new deals.
The photos prove that this mumma needs to go treat herself to a mani!!
Distressed Jeans – Asos (I busted the rips in the knees a little bigger)
Striped Tee with Lace Sleeves – Mink Pink – Old but similar here
Palm Tee (worn underneath) – All About Eve – Edge Clothing
Faux Fur Vest – Sold out but similar here
Leopard Print Flats – Witchery
Anchor Studs – Karen Walker
New Year’s Eve provides plenty of outfit woes every year! Will it be hot, cold, wet? Will I be overdressed or underdressed? What shoes will allow me to last the distance?! First world problems I know! The first thing to decide on is whether to go long or short…
1. Charlie Jade Silk Jumpsuit – Shopbop
2. Sass and Bide Dress – Superette
3. Free People Tulle Skirt – Shopbop
4. Camilla and Marc Dress – Superette
5. Mini Leather Skirt – Asos
6. Ladakh Sequined Shorts – Threadsence