I feel like I have been crazy busy lately which also means super slack when it comes to making time to blog. I also haven’t had the time to sit down and peruse some of my favourite blogs which is what started it all – finding inspiration from some super creative and fashionable talent around the world.
I ignored the painting of the skirting in the second bathroom over the weekend to actually sit down with a cup of tea (and some chocolate!) and catch up on some of my old and new favourite blogs.
Here are the links to some of my go to blogs for fashion and interior inspiration – definitely worth bookmarking!
1. Emily Henderson – interior designer/stylist extraordinaire, plus super cute mum and hilarious writer. Her posts are some of the most well planned, detailed and entertaining around. A total professional.
2. The Grace Tales – self proclaimed ‘for the stylish mother’ a great place to go for profiles on fashionable, working (celebrity) mums and fashion for mothers and their babes.
3. Not So Mumsy – gorgeous Sydney-sider Marcia Leone chronicles her favourite things and self- styled fashion shoots with super cute son Archie. Honest posts that will speak to many a mumma. (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
4. My Scandinavian Home – If you like Scandi style then this is the perfect place to go for interiors inspiration and beautiful styling.
5. Hello Fashion – Christine Andrew founded Hello Fashion in December 2011 as a way to showcase current trends in fresh, inspiring ways. Her looks are always stylish but also very achievable and often on much lower price point than many other of the fashion blogs I follow. She also has a super cute son (and husband!). (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
6. Leia Sfez – Parisian chic… need I say more?! (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
Happy reading and bookmarking everyone!
The home of Chicago based designer Gabriel Fontes really speaks to me; the monochrome colour palette, the Gray Malin gallery wall expertly laid out, and the slick furniture and styling choices. LOVE it all, well almost all as I didn’t rate the kitchen so have skipped over that so as not to ruin my house stalking day dream! For more pictures head over to Homepolish.
images: Dustin Halleck for Homepolish
I can not wait to de-clutter my life a little when we finally finish the current renovation of the studio. We lack storage in our character home and the studio will eventually take the overflow from inside.
While looking for storage solutions I keep coming across the current pegboard trend. I can definitely see it’s merits in the garage and it’s interesting to see how people are using it in other areas of their homes too.
Here are some more ideas to show you how pegboard can help you get organised!
Mandy over at the lovely RedAgape blog has used pegboard in her craft room to help store all those creative bits and pieces and tools close to hand.
Here is a great example of how pegboard might work in the kitchen – I’m loving the herb pots.
This little garage or studio workspace is SUPER organised!
Taking the pegboard to another level this area has been painted in chalkboard paint.
I don’t think pegboard is the right look for our studio however if my husband ever decides to tidy up and sort the garage one day I’m all for it in there!!
Domaine Home is such a great website for keeping your finger on the pulse of current interior trends. Harking back to the 18th Century, panoramic wall murals certainly pack a punch and Domaine has rounded up some fabulous examples of how to incorporate this trend into your home.
I have selected some of my favourite images, but follow this link to check out the whole feature.
Have an amazing weekend everyone x
I love clever use of space and nooks seem to be featuring a lot in new builds and renovations these days. This, however, is a particularly perfect little nook combining three of my favourite things; black, marble and gold. Functional and classy.
Wallpaperdecor.com.au has the most amazing high end digital wallpapers and wallpaper murals. They are printed on durable non woven wallpaper using cutting edge digital technology. Their products are sourced internationally combining the latest interior trends with exceptional quality. They also specialise in high end traditional wallpapers.
If you are looking for something to add real punch to a room in your home then this is definitely the place to go for inspiration! I’m particularly impressed with the murals so have picked out some of my favourites, but if you head over to the site be sure to take your time, as there are some show stoppers in all sections.