Would it be wrong to add another pair of animal print flats to my wardrobe? These classy little numbers (a bow and metallic finish!) are calling my name – am hoping to find them in Oz so I can try them on!
I have been searching for a pair of black over the knee winter boots for a couple of seasons now but nothing was really tickling my fancy in terms of the price I was going to have to pay for no real point of difference. I am certainly not shy when it comes to shelling out the cash for a good pair of shoes, however I like them to be a little bit special.
Yet again I’m a little disappointed with what is out there so I’m thinking flag the over the knee flat variety and go for a sexy, stiletto heeled black ankle boot. I plan on wearing these to do the groceries as well as out for a night on the town (these days whipping to the supermarket for another box of nappies is a far more frequent occurrence than sipping cocktails in a classy bar!) so they will still need to be (somewhat) comfortable.
We head to Australia in a couple of weeks so I’m going to refrain from purchasing online until I’ve had a good look through David Jones (and many other stores!), but here is what is catching my eye on the internet so far, as well as some images to show you the look I’m channeling.
4. Pulp Hollie
all images via my Fashion Pinterest board
calls for knitwear and I can’t wait! I love the changing of the seasons and am getting itchy feet to start wearing some cozy knits, in particular a long, snuggly cardigan.
I’m on the hunt for a grey or khaki green one (or maybe both – lets be honest!) as these colours look fab against black / blue / white denim (my winter staples) and I already nabbed this black cable jumper when in Hanmer Springs a couple of weeks back.
Apparently khaki coloured cardigans aren’t so popular though as I could only find the ONE below that was the style I’m after. It is a mighty fine one though thanks to NZ label Moochi – I may have to make the investment…. Seed Heritage does have this khaki coloured jumper that might curb my craving at about a third of the price (and is probably much more likely haha!) 1. Clara Long Line Cardigan – Forever New 2. Cushy Cardi Coat – Moochi 3. Sleeveless Longline Gilet – Witchery 4. Slug Mixed Yarn Cardi by MNG Online – The Iconic 5. Cameo Right On Cardigan – Fashion Bunker
After a power outage which meant a stay at my parents house last night we are back up and running and thus I’m back online!
Hope everyone enjoys a lovely weekend x
I have been internet searching for a few items recently and while on my travels stumbled across these fancy finds…
1. Gold Geo Sphere – How gorgeous would this look adorning some surface in your home? I think I need this in my life!!
2. Leden Golden Concrete Pots – concrete and gold the best combination for showcasing some form of greenery.
3. ARRO Pastel Kilim Rug – pretty pastel colours.
4. Ghost Acrylic Tray – comes with 4 different patterned papers or add your own design. Perfect for keeping bits and pieces together in one place (I have a similar one that I use on our dresser for all my lotions and potions).
5. Elle Rectangle Eiffel Coffee Table – Just beautiful – Enough said!
We are heading out to a few day events this summer that could continue on into the evening (depending on how much sleep this mummy has been blessed with recently!) so a look that could quickly be altered to allow for nighttime antics is a necessity.
A black dress is always a fantastic staple to start with and I love this one available at Daily Look. You can use Daily Look’s style sets to pull together an outfit on a board and play around with accessories, shoes, bags etc. It’s easy to use and I love that you can import items from other websites. I spent a loooooong time mixing and matching different possibilities – such fun!!!
Here is my idea for how I would take a little (well, long actually) black dress from day to night; adding fresh pops of colour, heels, a luxe clutch and something a little unexpected in the form of a tiger bomber jacket, to take the look from festival chic to fashion savvy – easy to store these items in the car with no need to go home! Throw your hair up in a slick bun or ponytail, apply some fresh lippy and you’re off!
Click on my set below which will enable all product details.
1. Citizens of Humanity Borderline Denim Jacket / Revolve Clothing
2. Smitten Dress / Moochi
3. Rag and Bone Boyfriend Jean – Revolve Clothing
4. Boxy T Shirt Dress with Tail – Bassike
5. Sand Tropez Nail Polish – Essie
6. Polka Dot Yoshii Towels – Paper Plane Store
7. Robert Gordon Deep Wire Copper Basket – Superette
8. HK LIving ‘I Am What I Am’ Cushion – Crate Expectations
9. Bank in the Form of a Pig (in metallic pink!!!!!) – Crate Expectations
10. Hipanema Bracelet in Wave – Fenton and Fenton
11. Tassle Garland – Arty Ink
I am currently coveting a trench coat, a camel coloured one to be precise. The ultimate would be a Burberry one, however as I am a now a stay-at-home mum I’m thinking this is definitely a long shot!
So I have rounded up some more affordable options that will keep our bank balance much healthier… Hmmm decisions, decisions!
1. Mango Contrast Piped Mac – Asos
2. ASOS Classic Mac Longline – Asos
3. Style Keepers Oversized Trench Coat – They All Hate Us Shop Edit
4. Emerge The Trench – Ezibuy
5. Collection Ellen Tracy Short Hooded Trench – Nordstrom
6. London Fog All-Weather Trench Coat – Macy’s