Some beautiful images of a gorgeous LA beach house for your Friday perusal. I love the pared back colour palette and use of natural materials and textures – I can just imagine how the sea views would be allowed to be the hero of the home. Oh, and skateboard decks as entrance way art – yes!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone x
images via Homepolish
So we survived Axel’s first international trip without any tears shed on either flight by anyone! It was so nice to see some sunshine and swim in the ocean, and of course catch up with Eli’s parents. Here are a few snaps from our trip.
Los Angeles based photographer, Gray Malin, travels the globe taking beautifully composed aerial photographs of some of the worlds best beaches (he also takes photos of lots of other amazing landscapes, but the beach series is by far the most recognised). Recently he has turned his photographs into something of empire; his birds-eye view beach images now also grace iPhone cases, surfboards, swimwear, umbrellas, wallpaper and ceramics, but for me a framed, large scale photograph is still the most coveted.
Shooting from doorless helicopters, his A La Plage series has been photographed around the world from the U.S. to Brazil, to Australia. The vibrancy of the colours he captures, along with the sense of pattern and form from the people crowding these popular beaches, make me think that these photographs are a special version of a Where’s Wally picture. I could definitely get lost looking at one of these images if it graced a wall in our home.
Have a fab weekend everyone xx
All photos Gray Malin
We headed to the beach on Sunday to take Frankie our German Shorthaired Pointer for a splash (it’s by far her favourite place!) and to introduce Axel to salty air for the first time!
The wind was a little chilly so I rugged up in my winter jacket, a cosy beanie and my gumboots, perfect footwear for retrieving sticks from the shallows.
Jacket – Burberry (cheaper options here and here)
Leggings – Old (similar here)
Top – Cotton On (similar here)
Gumboots (Wellingtons) – Burberry
Beanie – French Connection
Have a wonderful Easter weekend everyone! We are hoping for sunshine tomorrow so we can move back into our house after finally having all our flood repairs completed. Would you believe that the river has currently burst its banks and we can’t get out of my parents house! Thankfully it is built up on the hill so nothing to worry about here and our house is too far away from the water to worry about MORE flooding yet.
With such horrible weather and a more settled baby (yippee! We seem to have the reflux much more under control with meds and a trip to the osteopath) I have been spending some time perusing the net at my favourite online shops – here are a few of things I am currently coveting…
1. Armadillo Flower Weave Dandelion Rug – Tea Pea
2. Alice McCall / Hawaii Bound Dress – Superette
3. Mad Love / Beep Anorak – Superette
4. The Beach People / Roundie Towel – Mildred & Co.
How about going for a bold print this summer when looking for a new bikini?
1. Vivid Teardrop Bandeau Bikini – Zimmerman
2. Sundance Zip It Frill Bikini – Zimmerman
3. A New Way Bikini – Sass and Bide
4. Blue Pacha Aztec Print Bandage Bikini Top and Bottoms – River Island
5. Scout Layered Frill Bikini – Zimmerman
6. Aloha Bandeau Bikini Top and Bottoms – Seafolly
7. Floral and Fruit Printed Bandeau Bikini – Dolce and Gabbana
With summer just around the corner I have put together a selection of beautiful, bright beach towels that would make your pool or beach experience a little more lush.
1. Missoni Niles Beach Towel – Stylebop
2. Natori Sagala Sheared Print Beach Towel – Boomingdales
3. Viewport Beach Towel – Countryroad
4. Multi stem Beach Towel – Orla Kiely
5. Bunny Beach Towel – Karen Walker
6. Malibu Beach Towel – Countryroad