Would it be wrong to add another pair of animal print flats to my wardrobe? These classy little numbers (a bow and metallic finish!) are calling my name – am hoping to find them in Oz so I can try them on!
I have been searching for a pair of black over the knee winter boots for a couple of seasons now but nothing was really tickling my fancy in terms of the price I was going to have to pay for no real point of difference. I am certainly not shy when it comes to shelling out the cash for a good pair of shoes, however I like them to be a little bit special.
Yet again I’m a little disappointed with what is out there so I’m thinking flag the over the knee flat variety and go for a sexy, stiletto heeled black ankle boot. I plan on wearing these to do the groceries as well as out for a night on the town (these days whipping to the supermarket for another box of nappies is a far more frequent occurrence than sipping cocktails in a classy bar!) so they will still need to be (somewhat) comfortable.
We head to Australia in a couple of weeks so I’m going to refrain from purchasing online until I’ve had a good look through David Jones (and many other stores!), but here is what is catching my eye on the internet so far, as well as some images to show you the look I’m channeling.
4. Pulp Hollie
all images via my Fashion Pinterest board
calls for knitwear and I can’t wait! I love the changing of the seasons and am getting itchy feet to start wearing some cozy knits, in particular a long, snuggly cardigan.
I’m on the hunt for a grey or khaki green one (or maybe both – lets be honest!) as these colours look fab against black / blue / white denim (my winter staples) and I already nabbed this black cable jumper when in Hanmer Springs a couple of weeks back.
Apparently khaki coloured cardigans aren’t so popular though as I could only find the ONE below that was the style I’m after. It is a mighty fine one though thanks to NZ label Moochi – I may have to make the investment…. Seed Heritage does have this khaki coloured jumper that might curb my craving at about a third of the price (and is probably much more likely haha!) 1. Clara Long Line Cardigan – Forever New 2. Cushy Cardi Coat – Moochi 3. Sleeveless Longline Gilet – Witchery 4. Slug Mixed Yarn Cardi by MNG Online – The Iconic 5. Cameo Right On Cardigan – Fashion Bunker
I feel like I have been crazy busy lately which also means super slack when it comes to making time to blog. I also haven’t had the time to sit down and peruse some of my favourite blogs which is what started it all – finding inspiration from some super creative and fashionable talent around the world.
I ignored the painting of the skirting in the second bathroom over the weekend to actually sit down with a cup of tea (and some chocolate!) and catch up on some of my old and new favourite blogs.
Here are the links to some of my go to blogs for fashion and interior inspiration – definitely worth bookmarking!
1. Emily Henderson – interior designer/stylist extraordinaire, plus super cute mum and hilarious writer. Her posts are some of the most well planned, detailed and entertaining around. A total professional.
2. The Grace Tales – self proclaimed ‘for the stylish mother’ a great place to go for profiles on fashionable, working (celebrity) mums and fashion for mothers and their babes.
3. Not So Mumsy – gorgeous Sydney-sider Marcia Leone chronicles her favourite things and self- styled fashion shoots with super cute son Archie. Honest posts that will speak to many a mumma. (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
4. My Scandinavian Home – If you like Scandi style then this is the perfect place to go for interiors inspiration and beautiful styling.
5. Hello Fashion – Christine Andrew founded Hello Fashion in December 2011 as a way to showcase current trends in fresh, inspiring ways. Her looks are always stylish but also very achievable and often on much lower price point than many other of the fashion blogs I follow. She also has a super cute son (and husband!). (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
6. Leia Sfez – Parisian chic… need I say more?! (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
Happy reading and bookmarking everyone!
I have worn converse for years but have always worn white. I am thinking Winter might be a good time to branch out and try a different colour – forest green and navy blue are tickling my fancy at the moment but maybe I might be bold enough to try a shade of red!
Here are some pics that have me inspired via my Shoes Pinterest board…
Have a wonderful weekend everyone – we are off to Hanmer Springs with my family for the weekend. Im looking forward to lots of relaxation time, good food and wine, and lots of laughs!
I’m a little stuck for what to wear tomorrow to Electric Avenue Festival. Had a plan to wear this dress with my Converse or Minnetonka Moccasin boots, however with the temperature due to drop majorly from what it has been I might have to change my plans (bonus is that having just checked the metservice forecast the predicted rain seems to have disappeared so hopefully won’t need the Wellingtons!).
I have turned to trusty Pinterest to see if I can conjure up some inspiration!
I hope everyone in NZ enjoys the long weekend; stay safe and have fun xx