We are heading out to a few day events this summer that could continue on into the evening (depending on how much sleep this mummy has been blessed with recently!) so a look that could quickly be altered to allow for nighttime antics is a necessity.
A black dress is always a fantastic staple to start with and I love this one available at Daily Look. You can use Daily Look’s style sets to pull together an outfit on a board and play around with accessories, shoes, bags etc. It’s easy to use and I love that you can import items from other websites. I spent a loooooong time mixing and matching different possibilities – such fun!!!
Here is my idea for how I would take a little (well, long actually) black dress from day to night; adding fresh pops of colour, heels, a luxe clutch and something a little unexpected in the form of a tiger bomber jacket, to take the look from festival chic to fashion savvy – easy to store these items in the car with no need to go home! Throw your hair up in a slick bun or ponytail, apply some fresh lippy and you’re off!
Check out all of Daily Look’s LBD options here and have fun with their style sets here.
Click on my set below which will enable all product details.
With the weather really starting to heat up, here are my top ten pieces for the month of October x
1. River Island Tassel Palm Print Kimono – kimonos are a great way to add a boho layer to your look
2. Country Road Moulded Shift Dress – can’t go past a black shift dress for summer
3. Witchery Mojave Wide Leg Pant – these look super comfortable and fresh
4. Glassons Button Front Cami – loving the camo colour
5. Cotton On Courtney Long Sleeve Button Through Blouse – Such great value for a wardrobe staple
6. Keepsake Stolen Hearts Dress – I’m loving the structure of this dress. Perfect for the races.
7. All About Eve Shades Shorts – easy print to style for summer
8. Top Shop Ballerina Tulle Midi Skirt – such a classic piece
9. Seed Heritage Sofia Leather Hair Espadrilles – these are soooooo comfortable (I have them in animal print)
10. Sam Edelman Eavan Studded Gladiator Sandals – studded sandals are always a winner in my book!
Elie Saab that’s who. Here are some of my favourite looks from his Ready to Wear collection at Paris Fashion Week (I could have actually posted the whole show). All sorts of gorgeousness!!!!
images via Vogue Uk
If we were to build a house at this exact point in time I would luuurrrrvvveee to use black steel windows. I am currently a little obsessed with the look and particularly like the way it brings an urban loft feel to a modern space. Not sure how practical they would be during the middle of winter here in Christchurch but surely the statement ‘beauty is pain’ also applies to architecture (and the cost of home heating?!)
Here are some images that are inspiring me lately….
All images via my Pinterest boards
1. Citizens of Humanity Borderline Denim Jacket / Revolve Clothing
2. Smitten Dress / Moochi
3. Rag and Bone Boyfriend Jean – Revolve Clothing
4. Boxy T Shirt Dress with Tail – Bassike
5. Sand Tropez Nail Polish – Essie
6. Polka Dot Yoshii Towels – Paper Plane Store
7. Robert Gordon Deep Wire Copper Basket – Superette
8. HK LIving ‘I Am What I Am’ Cushion – Crate Expectations
9. Bank in the Form of a Pig (in metallic pink!!!!!) – Crate Expectations
10. Hipanema Bracelet in Wave – Fenton and Fenton
11. Tassle Garland – Arty Ink
Lace Espadrilles for the warmer months are on my mind at the moment… I’m dreaming of summer already!
Splurge – Valentino Leather Trimmed Lace Espadrilles / Net-A-Porter
Save – Jeffrey Campbell Nia Lace Espadrilles / Shopbop
Although the last couple of days here in Christchurch have been warm, winter is definitely around the corner. I am ready to rug up and layer my daytime looks to beat the chill.
Here is a round up of looks that have been catching my eye for the cooler months – namely neutrals, ripped denim, black, leather and stripes.
Images via my Pinterest