I feel like I have been crazy busy lately which also means super slack when it comes to making time to blog. I also haven’t had the time to sit down and peruse some of my favourite blogs which is what started it all – finding inspiration from some super creative and fashionable talent around the world.
I ignored the painting of the skirting in the second bathroom over the weekend to actually sit down with a cup of tea (and some chocolate!) and catch up on some of my old and new favourite blogs.
Here are the links to some of my go to blogs for fashion and interior inspiration – definitely worth bookmarking!
1. Emily Henderson – interior designer/stylist extraordinaire, plus super cute mum and hilarious writer. Her posts are some of the most well planned, detailed and entertaining around. A total professional.
2. The Grace Tales – self proclaimed ‘for the stylish mother’ a great place to go for profiles on fashionable, working (celebrity) mums and fashion for mothers and their babes.
3. Not So Mumsy – gorgeous Sydney-sider Marcia Leone chronicles her favourite things and self- styled fashion shoots with super cute son Archie. Honest posts that will speak to many a mumma. (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
4. My Scandinavian Home – If you like Scandi style then this is the perfect place to go for interiors inspiration and beautiful styling.
5. Hello Fashion – Christine Andrew founded Hello Fashion in December 2011 as a way to showcase current trends in fresh, inspiring ways. Her looks are always stylish but also very achievable and often on much lower price point than many other of the fashion blogs I follow. She also has a super cute son (and husband!). (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
6. Leia Sfez – Parisian chic… need I say more?! (Gorgeous instagram feed too!)
Happy reading and bookmarking everyone!
With Valentines day just around the corner I am imagining what it would be like to spend a night in one of the gorgeous rooms at London’s Blakes Hotel. Any one of these rooms would surely make your heart flutter, not to mention the Corfu Suite (top image) which was named by luxury hotel website, Mr and Mrs Smith, as the sexiest bedroom.
all images via Blakes Hotel Website
I’m excited about this week are: 1. The Ferm Living wallpaper we ordered for a section of Axel’s room is due to arrive this week from PaperRoom. Can’t wait to get it up and show you guys. Here is a pic of it via Ferm Living to give you an idea…
2. I love Pamela Drukerman’s French Children Don’t Throw Food and my copy of French Parents Don’t Give In arrived on Friday – my highlighter is itching to be swiped across the simple pearls of parenting wisdom.
3. On Friday it is Waitangi Day (a public holiday each year in NZ that celebrates the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, New Zealand’s founding document) and we are heading to Christchurch’s first ever EDM festival Electric Avenue. Can’t wait to get my dancing shoes on (although they could be my Wellington Boots if the weather forecast is correct!) with a fab group of friends.
4. The school year starting up again this week means Axel’s swimming lessons start again. Our boy is a fish!!! We took him to a local school pool yesterday where another mum came up to me and asked me all about how we got Axel to become so confident in the water! He literally throws himself into the water at me at the conclusion of the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty! Love that kid x
Thank you to all of you for following along with my little creative corner of the web, it is so gratifying to receive such lovely comments and to continue to grow my readership!
Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and super New Year. I hope Santa brings a little bit of magic to your homes and that you enjoy this special time of year with family and friends.
I’ll be taking a wee break from the blog to have some family time but look forward to posting again in 2015 – keep up with me on Instagram until then…
These Santa sacks from Henry and Co are a super cool place for the big guy in the red suit to stash all the treats for your little ones.
I have ordered Axel a pillowcase one as we always had pillowcase Santa sacks growing up. I’m pretty excited about starting festive traditions at our house this year – having a bubba definitely brings the excitement of Christmas flooding back!
Henry and Co. Santa Sacks
I have always loved the vibrancy that Italian fashion house Missoni brings to it’s textiles and clothing designs. The way the bright colours are woven together is fun and fashionable, and definitely makes an outfit or room pop.
You can imagine my delight when Missoni and Target combined forces to create a much more affordable range and that we happened to be in Australia during the launch. For over 14 months, Target and Missoni worked together on a collection that reflects their shared values of style and quality. It’s a limited edition, which means once stock is sold out, there will be no more to come so get in quick!
There is something for everyone with clothing, shoes, home decor and lifestyle products for men, women and children, all sporting the traditional Missoni style of mixed colours and patterns. I brought home a hooded towel for Axel that I am pretty impressed with quality wise (it’s super soft and the colours are gorgeous) as well as some tea towels and a 2015 diary. Follow this link to check out the range.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and enjoy the public holiday on Monday if you are a kiwi! X