Slides were definitely a fashion bloggers first choice of summer footwear in the Northern hemisphere and I have no doubt that this comfortable (yay!) trend will prove popular down here in the Southern hemisphere, as soon as it gets warm enough to show the toes to the world.
Nicknamed the ‘ugly sandal trend’ by many fashion writers, Birkenstocks in particular made a comeback in a major way, as well as the sporty style slide favoured by many athletes.
When I worked as a swimming instructor while studying at University I used to live in a pair of Reef, sport-styled sandals as they were perfect for weathering the mini tidal waves that often slopped over the pool side. Who would have thought that if I had of kept these white slides I could have whipped them out 10 years later!
Here are some images to inspire your summer slide look, as well as a round up of some potential purchases.
images via TheyAllHateUs
1. Soles Coachella Sandal – Surfstitch
2. Birkenstock Gizeh Sandal – Surfstitch
3. Charlotte Stone Luke Cross Strap Sandals – Shopbop
4. Jeffrey Campbell Caprese Cross Band Sandal – Shopbop
5. Kate Spade New York Attitude Two Band Sandals – Shopbop
6. Birkenstock Arizona Black Flat Sandal – Shopbop