Wellingtons? Rain Boots? Nope, here in New Zealand we call them Gumboots! The term ‘gum boot’ (or gummies for short) is thought to come from the 19th century Kauri-gum diggers who wore these boots, or, perhaps because the boots were made from gum rubber.
I have a pair of Burberry ones that I bought when we lived in London (check out this previous post) – I love them as not only are they stylish, but they are so comfortable that I wear them like everyday boots (I used to wear them to work in London when I taught at a very reputable Private Girl’s School and no one batted an eyelid!)
Everyone should have a stylish pair of gummies to wear this winter. English brand Hunter is a fave of mine for style and functionality – you should be able to wear your gumboots to the shops without embarrassment (and splash in the puddles along the way!)
Here is a round up of some super stylish gumboots available for the wet months ahead…
1. Hunter Original Glitter Tall Wellington Boot – Asos – Currently on Sale!
2. Hunter Original Gloss Wellington Boots – Asos
3. Sloosh Italy Original Rain Boot with Harness – Shopbop
4. Ted Baker London ‘Atiri’ Rain Boot – Nordstrom
5. Valentino Lace Print Rain Boot – Nordstrom
6. Burberry Tall Rain Boot – Nordstrom