Recently a friend asked me for some advice on what shoes to wear with jeans, other than long boots, this winter. I am definitely an ankle boot over jeans girl on the weekend but I also love my Converse. Nothing beats a pair of Chuck Taylor sneakers for style and comfort and they look particularly good with denim; mine receive a regular work out when running errands on the weekend.
I think everyone should have a pair of canvass sneakers to kick around in. I tend to choose a light colour so that they go with pretty much anything (my current pair are plain white).
Here are a few options for casual sneakers that would look great teamed with jeans for a stylish but comfortable weekend look.
Clockwise from top left.
1. Converse Chuck Taylor Low Sneaker, Nordstrom.
2. KG Kurt Keiger Liberal Studded Trainer, ASOS.
3. Vans Authentic Champagne Shimmer Lace Up Trainer, ASOS.
4. Miu Miu Crystal Cap Toe Sneaker, Nordstrom.
5. Soludos ‘Ombre Washed Rainbow’ Slip-On, Nordstrom.
6. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star ‘Baja’ Sneaker, Nordstrom.